My First Scarf

I'm so excited because I just finished making my first scarf of all time! I was planning on giving this as a Christmas gift for a friend, but Christmas came and went, so I suppose I will give it to her as a New Years gift instead.


For this scarf I chose maroon yarn and black fur yarn. I held the 2 strands together like I was working with one strand.


All of my knitting/crocheting projects this year have been made with the same textured yarn of the Lion Brand variety. I don't know what the texture of this yarn is actually called, but it is very soft and a little bit thick.


Here is the finished product. By holding the black and maroon strands together, they were woven into one piece. The fringe was made with just the maroon yarn by cutting three 7 inch strands and looping them inbetween the ribbing at the bottom of the scarf.


Anybody who is interested in knitting, I suggest getting the Knifty Knitter loom sets. You can make things so quickly and easily on them. This scarf was made using the Knifty Knitter purple rectangular scarf loom.

No comments: