Birthday Cards

I bought this little craft sewing machine last year at Robert's for really cheap (around $14.00.) The first time I used it I was really frustrated because I had a hard time controlling where the needle went and after I had sewn what I wanted I couldn't figure out how to keep the thread from coming undone. I gave up on it and put it away thinking I totally just wasted my money. Well, I recently pulled it out of storage and tried to use it again. This time I was a little more patient with it and I ended up making some really cool baby shower cards and a couple of birthday cards. It takes a lot of practice but once you get the hang of it you can make a lot of little scrapbooking things, cards, ornaments, and more. I love the look of hand sewn crafts!


Here is one of the recent cards I made. I took some 12x12 scrapbooking paper and cut it in half. I put the backs facing each other and sewed the pages together making a border. Then I cut along the edges with scrapbooking scissors. With textured blue and brown paper I made the inside gluing the blue onto the brown and cutting around the edges with scrapbooking scissors. I used the sewing machine to to attach this to the birthday paper. I wrote "happy birthday" with gel pen and then added bow made from light brown fuzzy yarn.


Here is the back side.

1 comment:

The Allred Family said...

That card is adorable! Jamie,I didn't know you were soooo crafty!! I love sewing on cards too. Martha Stewart has some great ideas on her website for cards with sewing on them!