Painting

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity. ---Daniel Barenboim

A few nights ago I had all this stuff going on in my head and decided to paint. I think this represents how I was feeling at the time. I believe that we all have two sides (some of us have multiple sides) that make up who we are. For instance, what we are and what we long to be, our past and future, our negative attributes and our positive. Well, right now one side of me feels dead, and stuck in regrets of the past. One side of me feels overwhelmed with the blessings of potential growth. Both the past and the future are part of the same tree. I took a picture of it because it wouldn't fit in the scanner, so it doesn't look totally accurate. But you get the gist....


Longing for newness
Watercolor and marker on watercolor paper.

No comments: